Czech artist Vojta Žák (*1990) is interested in animation, juggling, web programming and new media. He has a master degree in Audio-Visual studies from Film and TV School of Academy Of Performing Arts in Prague and Bachelor degree in Animation and Interactive Media from the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, achieved under the tutelage of Prof. Jiří Barta. He has worked for companies such as Pernod Ricard (Becherovka spirit), Czech Turism agency, Wriglies (candy), National Gallery in Prague and many others. Beside his specialization you can see him perform in a new circus act where he make use of tracking algorithms and interactive sensors.Download CV as pdf file.
His commercial realizations include the following:
- animation for the exhibition “Japonism” in the National Gallery in Prague
- animated infographic for the governmental agency Czech Tourism
- animation for the contemporary classical music composition “On Hearts and Bells” by Michaela Plachka, which was part of the “Convergence” project
- animated video about the educational and science project “Stratocaching” broadcast by the main Czech technology magazine “Technet.cz”
- animations and acting for children Series Moudronos directed by Ivan Latal broadcasted by Czech Television
- animations for the Divadlo v Dlouhé theater for children “Lazy Grandma” directed by Jan Borna
- educational series for high schools in the region of Central Bohemia “Making Business Allowed” 2012 about starting a business
His films were presented at the following festivals:
- “Going Undeground” 2013 screening in Berlin and Seoul metro; film Salami 2013
- Architektuur Film Festival in Rotterdam; film Spa 2012
- Cologne OFF 2013; films “Melancolia” 2013 and “Svetovar Brewery” 2012
- FILE 2014 – Electronic Language International Festival in São Paulo, Brazil; film “Psycho” 2013
- 6th Cairo Video Festival in Egypt; film “Juggling Images I”
- see: full list of festival screenings and exhibitons
- TUCETKULÍ own juggling company
since 2008 up today, for references see www.tucetkuli.cz.
- children workshops in Bio Oko and Aero cinema in Prague
Lector of workshops for children between 6 adn 12 years. Screening of selected animated movies and art/movement workshop. See www.BioOko.cz
- HAPPYEND juggling store and agency – boss Jakub Matějka
Responsibilities: organizing workshops for French tourists, accountant and cashier, juggling performances. Part-time job from 2007 to 2009.
- CZECH TELEVISION
- Animater, actor and ancillary works for director Ivan Látal during shooting of Moudrons children series
- Leading of interview with Czech designer Jan Čapek in Báječná léta bez opony see archive record.
- ARTS INSTITUTE
Design and realization of fifty bags and t-shirts for European union program CCP – Culture contact point.
- EDUCATIVE SERIES
Animation and callsign for educative series “Podnikat povoleno” (business allowed) for high schools in CZ. 2012
I have directed and realize few advertising campaigns. Some of the recent clients were K&V elektro (one of the biggest electric material resseler in CZ), Anonymous bar – playboy party (promo for stylish bar in Prague center that host playboy party), Holidays in countryside web portal (portal unites different subjects in touristic industry and provides various touristic services concentrating on czech countryside)
- English – active, advanced
- French – basic conversation and understanding
- driving licence B
- advanced work on PC
- juggling specialization on balls and artistic (1.5m) unicycle